Effective interaction between individuals can be obtained by speaking words or by other means. At least two people must be in communication. The ability to communicate effectively and effectively is one of the most important skills that a healthcare professional can gain.
What is communication?
In a simple definition, communication is sending or receiving messages between two or more people.
Effective communication is more than talking and essential to the well-being of the individual, including body language, gestures, facial expressions, positioning and appearance. It is important to be aware of non-verbal communication when interacting with individuals at your workplace.
Without communicating with health and social care, it is impossible, there are many reasons for communicating, and basic communication is done effectively without misunderstanding the others or being misunderstood. We Communicate With:
- Patients, Residents, Clients
- Health Professionals
- Managers and Supervisors
- Family and Friends.
The workers you work with can hinder effective communication, for example:
- Speech problems due to disability "or illness such as dementia, stroke
- Poor sight
- Poor cognitive abilities, such as learning disabilities
- to provide healthcare professionals If you work with an individual with dementia, there may be a lot of difficulties, especially when the disease progresses but communicates effectively Some of the developmental abilities
- The explanation of abilities
You should make sure that:
- coupled with difficult understandable and unfamiliar accents
- Speech needs to be at a good pace, and the individual responds for a sufficient amount of time
- Where possible, the sentences must be kept short, at one point at a time. If the person has a short memory, the important sentences are shorter and repeated several times so that the individual can remember the point.
- Communication is much more difficult than background noise before it is removed because it causes confusion.
- If the communication barrier is strong, the words themselves will not be effective, so gestures, body language, facial expressions, touch, etc. Use it.
– People with effective communication such as:
Human Aids – Translators, Interpreters
Technical Assistance – Hearing Instruments, Computers
Symbolic Aids – Makaton, Language, visual aids.
HSC21, HSC31, and HSC41 within NVQ focus on communication and inventory, and are mandatory units. Learn more about the right communication skills related resources.
Source by SBOBET